zondag 25 december 2011

disable dim screen at secure Desktop win7


Since I replaced my monitor for a bigger one I find it more annoying that the whole screen gets dimmed during secure desktop so I was looking for a way to stop the dimming.
This can be achieved by lowering your UAC setting one notch (one below default)

Although not really what I wanted because I don't like the fact my security is lowered a bit.

Explanation from Microsoft:
This setting is the same as "Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer," but you're not notified on the secure desktop.

Because the UAC dialog box isn't on the secure desktop with this setting, other programs might be able to interfere with the visual appearance of the dialog box. This is a small security risk if you already have a malicious program running on your computer.

Note: The outcome of the registry change as described here also lowers the security

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten