zondag 13 oktober 2024

Switched my small audio Windows machine from Win 10 to Linux Mint and connected Mytek DSD 192 DAC

 I realized that My small audio PC running Windows 10 Pro could not be upgraded to Win 11 because it is too old. Because Win10 will no longer be supported after Oct 2025 I decided to switch to Linux

Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: ASRock model: Q1900TM-ITX
UEFI: American Megatrends v: P1.60 date: 03/01/2018

I chose Linux Mint Cinnamon 22 and it is working perfectly

Connecting Mytek DAC 192 DSD

Connecting to my DAC Mytek dsd 192 was a bit of a challenge. Under Windows I used USB.
Googling I found that there is no  Linux  USB driver from Mytek.

Luckily this ASrock Motherboard also has a TOSLINK Optical connection that  allows me to connect to the Mytek.
That works fine but I realized if I ever need to replace this ASrock Motherboard for a different one I did not want to be depending on a Motherboard with Optical out.

I found on Amazon a small box from DSD Tech:SH-AU02A USB to TOSLINK Coaxial SPDIF Audio Adapter

This way I have a broader choice when I need to replace my motherboard and still use the Mytek

I hope it helps to still use your beloved Mytek DAC


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten