vrijdag 8 januari 2021

[Solved]: HP Printers - A 'Printer Isn't Available' Message Displays (Android)

 Since Google Cloud print is no longer supported after Dec 31 2020. I needed something else to be able to print from my android phone to my HP Envy 4500 Printer.

After installing HP Print service plugin from Google Play Store on My Mobile I added the printer by going to the 3 dots on the right side of your screen, selected Settings and went to Discovery.
I added a name for my printer and it's IP address. 

I set the HP Print Service to ON and disabled the Default Print Service on my mobile
(Settings -> Connected Devices -> Printing)

So far so good. Now when I tried to print something from my Nexus it showed the Envy 4500 but it didn't present the Print button and it displayed the message: Printer isn't available.

I looked at the HP troubleshooting page but none of the options fixed the issue for me.

Solution:
I went into my Printer Webpage (http://<IP address of your printer> and enabled IPP Protocol under Network: (Press Apply to confirm) 


Note: Web Services is not required and still disabled


Now Printing works from your android device and you can choose several options like :

- Number of Copies
- Paper size
- Color or Black and White
- Orientation
- Two sided
- Number of pages to be printed


3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello I'm Anna Stewart . I'm a 123hp printer hp print service pluginsTo enable the HP Print Service Plugin, navigate to your Android device's settings. Select "Connections" or "Connected Devices," then "Printing." Choose "HP Print Service Plugin" and toggle the switch to enable it. Alternatively, you may access this setting through the "More Settings" or "Additional Settings" menu. Once enabled, your Android device will recognize and connect to HP printers on the same network. This allows seamless wireless printing from your mobile device to compatible HP printers.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello I'm Anna Stewart . I'm a 123hp printer hp print service pluginsTo install HP Print Service Plugins on Android devices, begin by ensuring your HP printer and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Access the Google Play Store and search for "HP Print Service Plugin." Download and install the app on your Android device. Once installed, open the app, and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your printer. Enable the plugin in your device settings under "Printing." Now, your Android device is seamlessly connected to your HP printer, allowing you to print directly from various apps.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hello I'm Anna Stewart . I'm a 123hp printer hp print service pluginsThe HP Print Service Plugin extends its compatibility across a broad spectrum of Android devices, ensuring seamless printing experiences for users. It operates seamlessly on smartphones and tablets running Android OS version 4.4 and above, encompassing popular brands like Samsung, Google, LG, Motorola, and more. Additionally, the plugin supports various printer models manufactured by HP and other leading brands, facilitating versatile printing options. With its extensive compatibility, the HP Print Service Plugin enables users to effortlessly print documents, photos, emails, and web pages directly from their Android devices, enhancing productivity and convenience in both personal and professional settings.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen