zondag 8 mei 2016

Lubuntu Remote XRDP and VNC blank desktop [Solved]


I installed xrdp and x11vnc on my Lubuntu 16.04LTS box
Trying to access my Lubuntu using XRDP  and vnc gave me a blank desktop on my win10x64 desktop (using mstsc.exe for rdp)

I read somewhere to install lxde-common, so i did (apt-get install lxde-common)
And yeah it worked for xrdp (the screen icons are a bit different but I can live with that)
(no tweaking done)

To fix the blank desktop using VNC you have to uncomment 2 lines which are commented by default after installation of x11vnc (below the setting where the 2 lines are uncommented which fixed the blank desktop)

root@ub:~/.vnc# more xstartup
#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
x-terminal-emulator -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
x-window-manager &
root@ub:~/.vnc#

Strange is that I see some LXDE entries are added in the autostart which I have not done myself:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten